• Assistance with Heating / Energy Needs
  • Referrals
  • Counseling
  • Housewares

Client Referrals

​All information provided by clients to KOM is protected in a personal record maintained in the Main Office and will not be shared with others or other agencies without consent of the client.​

Client Services

Services are provided on a needs basis without regard to race, color, creed, nationality and/or belief system.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or if all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department.  (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)  

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866)632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue S. W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202)690-7442 or email at program.intake@usda.gov.

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.  

Clients must provide the following information on every visit:

Provision of Services

  • Picture ID
  • Social Security cards for all household members
  • Verification for past 30 days expenses
  • Verification of food stamps, if applicable


*KOM does not assist with: water or sewer bills, utility or housing deposits, telephone bills or transportation costs.

  • ​Verification of income for all household members
    • including disability payments
  • Eviction notices, if applicable
  • Proof of residence
  • Cut-off notices, if applicable
    • (Duke Power, Surry-Yadkin, etc.)
  • Clothing
  • Food Pantry
  • Prescription Medicine 
  • Limited Housing Assistance

Services Provided

Client Services are dependent upon available funds.

Apply in-person Monday-Friday at 221 Ingram Drive from 9:00 am to 11:30 am, or call (336) 983-4375 (HELP)

To ensure clients have follow up after a crisis, appropriate referrals may be made to other agencies to assist clients in development of skills for independent living to reduce recurrence of crisis.